When you purchase something from our webshop, you give us your consent to collect and use the personal information you give us, such as your name, address and email address. When you browse our webshop, we also use “cookies” and automatically receive your computer’s Internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us improve our services.
We only use your data to complete our services and improve your experience. If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can see below how we use your data, and why we do it.
- Your name and contact information
- To deliver your purchases to you
- To send you service messages by text or email – so we can tell you when your order is coming and any other relevant service messages
- Sending you information by email about our new products and services – to keep you up to date. We only send this with your permission
- Showing you Touchland adverts as your browse the web – so you can see our latest products and deals
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like – to ensure we are giving you what you want and keep our content relevant.
- Your payment information
- To take payments and make refunds – we have to do this to complete our services. If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then it will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
Dankort, Visa, Mastercard, PayPal
- Your contact history with us
- To provide customer service and support – We’ve got to do this to perform our contract with you, and be able to follow up on orders, or product related information you have asked for
- To continuously improve our products and services
- Purchase history and products added to cart
- To complete orders
- Provide customer service and support, and handle returns
- Finding out what you, and other customers, like – to ensure we are giving you what you want, and keep our content relevant
- Information about your device and how you use our website
Information you give us when you browse our site, including your IP address and device type and, if you choose to share it with us, your location data, as well as how you use our website.
- To improve our website and customer journey – so we can give you the best possible shopping experience
- To protect our website – prevent and detect fraud against you or Touchland, and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data. To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
- Your response to surveys and competitions
We use information you provide to us when you enter surveys, competitions or promotions. We do this in order to announce a winner, as well as to improve your experience, and the products and services we offer.
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information but if you don’t, you may not be able to buy from the site, and you are unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. It is your choice – and we promise to respect it. We also anonymize and aggregate personal information (so that it does not identify you) and use it for purposes including testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving our site and developing new products and services. We also share this information with third parties.
- Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party – including your name, address, email address or credit card information. We want to earn and maintain your trust, and we believe this is absolutely essential in order do that.
However, we share the relevant data with the following categories of companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that do things to get your purchases to you, such as payment service providers, customer service apps, warehouses, order packers, and delivery companies
- Professional service providers, such as marketing agencies, advertising partners and website hosts who help us run our business
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud
We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymized information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
- Seeing adverts for Touchland online
We also engage in online advertising to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products. Like many companies, we target Touchland banners and ads to you when you are on other websites. We do this using a variety of digital marketing networks and ad exchanges, and we use a range of advertising technologies like web beacons, pixels, ad tags, cookies, and mobile identifiers, as well as specific services offered by some sites and social networks.
The banners and ads you see will be based on information we hold about you, or your previous use of Touchland (for example, your Touchland search history, and the content you read on Touchland) or on Touchland banners or ads you have previously clicked on.
- Keeping your information
We’ll hold on to your information for as long as is needed to be able to provide the services to you, for a maximum of 5 years.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our terms and conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account, or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
- Your rights
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
If you want to exercise your rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us on email@example.com
- Questions and contact information
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information please contact us at info@scandinavias.